Feb 11 - Joytun, Raunds

Finding the place was no easy thing it’s set back from the road a bit and a strange shop in front of it, (it had something to do with clothes I think (I didn't like to look to closely) and I was getting hungry.

The place is well set out bar as you enter tables to your right and a large fish tank set into the rear wall. Don't remember seeing any fish though (perhaps they were on the menu yesterday). Having done a deal with them on the price two weeks earlier, (curry club members know what I mean) possibly there may be trouble ahead.

But no, good as their word, deal ok even chef specials, which included lamb shank not often seen on menus.

I went for chicken chat starter very nice. Chicken Madras, Bombay aloo, and keema naan it was all really nice, not special but nice (somewhere you would take the wife to). Allen sitting next to me had green chilly chicken as his main course I know I have a problem about eating things that are green but that was to much for me, I was coached into eating a small portion (a very small portion) and yes I am right leaving green things alone. Can’t say much about what went on talk wise I was at one end of a long table. I did get into the four Yorkshire men sketch with Paul but it was about scars and stitches (you know what I mean, "you think that's a scar when they stitched my arm back" yes you know how it went) mind you I could not compete with a story about his brother, my eyes are watering even now.

Didn't have a beer, staying off alcohol, seems to give me headache ,and I don't drink much anyway.

So, anyway to the scoring, Ambience scored 3.9, Quantity scored 4.8, Quality scored 4.6, Price scored 4.4 and staff received 3.6. This gave a total of 21.3

Bill the organiser.