July 09 - The Windmill Club, Rushden

First I must apologise for the late recording of July's curry club. Quite a bit has been going on in my life and time has past by. Anyway, here we are on the eve of the August trip, so I thought I'd get something posted so I can hold my head up to the lads and say I have done it before having 2 to do.

So this month saw us visiting the Windmill Club in Rushden. Now it would be honest to say that when Bill said where we were going, some thought - are you sure. Let me just say right now, this was an excellent experience. The club itself is very well presented, people were great (must remember to say about 2 particular gents who paid me a compliment.

So this month Alan B, Prof Brian, Paster Ian, Ian R, Paul, Bill, Tom, Tony, Tony, Keith and Nathan met at the church car park and walked to the club! We started with a pint at the bar, at very reasonable prices. The good ladies of the establishment came to speak to Bill. Now this is where it all went a bit odd, because somehow we all decided to be called Bill for the night. Anyway, after supping and waiting, Paster Bill said to Bill are the ladies waiting for us, or do we need to say when we are ready. Of course the ladies were on the ball and waiting for us, it was Bill that hadn't listened. Anyway we marched through to a special room the club has for food. Now, my thanks to the 2 gents sitting on our route through. These guys said that Bill Tom and Bill I looked the odd ones out as the rest of our gang appeared to already eaten enough already. Now I can't think what they meant by this. All I can say is that Bill Nathan must have slipped through, or maybe he is so slender the side ways view showed nothing to these 2 gents.

Better move on ... so early conversation was about beards and shaving. Bill shaved his beard off some time back and now finds he gets sweaty. He also has the most expensive electric razor money can buy, you know the one that plays mp3's and has a built in Swiss army knife. At this point Pastor Bill said that he has started growing his hair again, however he has now realised that he is going bald (I know it's complicated). 

Bill Keith revealed that when he buys or gets a book, he flicks to the back and reads the last pages to see if the story is one he might enjoy. Yes I know this blog is moving towards the edges of sanity. Anyway, let's talk about the food. One special low price for curry and a pint! There were curries, not just one curry, naan bread and rice. We took it it turns to visit the food and pile it up. Some went back for more. Bill Nathan came back with 2 plates! Then said one was for Bill. Not sure why Bill had got Bill Nathan to get his food and whey Bill himself couldn't get it.

Now I've written in my notes, showing dog and Buff Wells  ... no I've got no idea either, but given the way this blog has been going it seems to fit nicely. It was during some conversation that a word was said by someone that we thought would never be said. Bill Nathan said ... "FULL". 

There was a conversation about Out Patients clinics and the fact that Rushden people can't get to it unless you have a car (or get a taxi). Alas, it is but one more reduction in local services that we see. Still I assume we will get a reduction in Council Tax, won't we?

Now, time for some scoring. Quality was 4.08, Quantity was 4.92 (yes someone didn't give it 5, I don't know who, but I would ask them to consider those that are starving in the world and look down). Ok, Price got a 5, Staff 4.33 and Ambience 4.25. Giving an excellent total of 22.58! This knocks the Chequers at Yelden off their top spot for Best Pub Curry Establishment! Note the score would also place them in 3rd spot overall, only beaten by the Bangla Cafe who have recorded the top 2 scores ever.

This really was a great visit and one we would certainly recommend to anyone. Of course our views and opinion are based on our visit on the night and are personal. Top marks to the chef and the staff at the Windmill Club.

Until next time, which is in fact in 30 mins time, when we go to Kettering ... happy curry eating!